Wednesday, January 2, 2008

And So It Was Said...

Dear ******,

Quite sincerely, I do not know where to begin,
so I'll try and be as forthcoming as possible.
I do not know if it was the debate, the walk, or
just plain routine classes, but somewhere down
the road, I was head over heels for you.
I understand that I was naive then, but never
so much as to the point of stupidity to damage
any trace of a relationship that we might have had.
I have no hint where I have gone wrong, but
I guess, that was enough to bring us both into an
understanding of silence that never broke into
a decent conversation.
I did try to reach out for you, but never at the
expense of the self, a right that I respect for and
above all.
I do not know what is so awkward between us,
for I have always meant well and been patient
and believe that so have you.
As we leave today, I want you to know that,
there is always hope to set things right.
I have spent such little time with you, but
I cherish every moment of it.
I hope I made my point, the rest I leave for
you to judge.

Meaning Well,
****

2 comments:

Amandeep Singh said...

Nice piece.
Whom its for...If I may ask?

navi said...

dude, what must i say?
i guess, its better having said that, and be over with it... on a good note.